The issue of consent has become an everyday concern for health professionals. In today’s climate with the emphasis on the client’s right of autonomy, self-determination and working in partnership with health professionals, a good grasp of the issues of consent is a pre requisite.
This course covers :
- The basic principles of consent
- Forms of consent
- Withdrawal of consent
- Refusal of consent and inherent conflicts, such as, a refusal of life saving treatment and the health professionals’ ethos of pro life
- How much information should be given
- Legislation; Capacity and the Mental Capacity Acts
- Capacity and the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Children and young persons and parental responsibility
- Documenting consent issues
The course looks at how to apply the principles of consent to everyday practice with use of examples and cases.
If you would like further information please contact us by email : firstname.lastname@example.org.